Friday, July 29, 2011

One to Remember

Every day, I wake up, or maybe I should say get up between 6:45 and 7 (sometimes I'm awake before that, and sometimes I don't end up rolling out of bed until a little after 7). Maybe it's not so much rolling anymore, though, as it is hefting myself/awkwardly sitting up/throwing my legs over the side of the bed to get out of bed with this big baby belly. (Nope. No pics this time.) Anyways, I am a wife who gets up with her husband, makes his lunch and sometimes breakfast (I haven't been the greatest at cooking breakfast this week) and sends him off to work with a kiss. For the most part, I enjoy getting up and doing this. It's one way to show my James how much I love him. Many times for his lunch, I'll send leftovers along with a couple of other things. Today it was hawaiian haystacks. I put the tomatoes, pineapple and chinese noodles separate from the rest so it doesn't get nasty by lunchtime. While I was putting the sauce on the rice, it looked a little different then I remembered... I had put some chicken in with it, but wasn't really seeing it. I found it odd, but managed to move on, making the rest of his lunch, and going about the morning routine. Well, lunchtime came around for me, and I had the same thing. As I started eating, it tasted a bit... sweeter than usual. I thought, "did this go bad already?! Couldn't have." I looked in the fridge and remembered! OOPS! I had made some pudding a few days ago... yup. That's what it was. That's why there was no chicken. And it was sweet. I sent James a message, apologizing, and also laughing at myself. He laughed, too, and said, "different..." This was definitely something to remember so that we can keep laughing about it later! :) And if you were wondering, it wasn't horrible. Just... sweet. haha!

1 comment:

Lorry and David said...

Maybe that's why David doesn't like leftovers :) At least it wasn't mayonnaise or something that would have been really nasty! Too funny!