Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Calling all Moms!
Ugh! I've been trying to potty train Kiely for a while now... She's 20.5 months, so many people would say she's too young, but I really think she's ready, and want to get this done! I can't say I've been super serious about it for a long time, but the past few days, I've been trying to get more into it. She even went without peeing the bed during her nap yesterday (almost 3 hours!) HOORAY! However... I feel like it's starting to go downhill somewhat. I know she knows what pee and poop are, as well as the potty, but she forgets to tell me BEFORE, instead, after she pees she says, "Potty!" (I have been trying to take her about every hour, and if she sits on the potty for 5-10 min without doing anything, I let her off.) We also sometimes have a hard time figuring out how to handle it when she pees (or poops... usually it's pee, though) in her panties. We don't want going potty to be a negative thing, but at the same time, want her to know that it's not right and not good to go potty in her panties. Not really sure how to approach that one. Sometimes she just starts crying when she pees her pants. haha. Anyways, if anyone has advice on this subject (positive if you can, I've heard all about the digression, stages when potty training is good, etc...) PLEASE HELP!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry, but you probably won't like what I have to say, cuz it is probably the same old stuff you have heard. If she isn't ready she isn't ready. I had the same problem with Lily. I half-heartedly tried for a couple of days. She would tell me after she peed. I would put her on the toilet every 15 minutes and she would wait to go in between the 15 minutes. So I decided to try it later. Maybe a month or so I tried again and she was telling me from day 1 when she needed to go. It was a lot less stressful. Good Luck! Eventually it will happen. :)
Post a Comment