Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Not So Bad... Almost done!

I just have to laugh about my post last week, now. I seriously was almost to the point of wanting to quit this potty training stuff. I was pretty much beyond sick of the whole thing because she wouldn't tell me "potty" till after she went. Well...two days later, on Friday, I was still hoping things would get better. They did. While Kiely was down for her nap, I was reading all sorts of articles about potty training, and almost wanted to buy the eBook "3 Day Potty Training" by Lora Jensen. It seemed legit, and I knew that although Kiely isn't older than 22 months, she seemed ready. (She had done well that morning before her nap, too.) Kiely didn't stay dry through her nap. However, she DID tell me EVERY time she needed to go potty and only had one tiny little accident, only because we didn't get her to the bathroom quite quick enough. I was one proud mama! We even went to the bank and Wal Mart that day with no accidents! The next day, she was in a diaper most of the day, because we went to the temple, and James' younger siblings were watching her (I didn't want them to have to deal with taking her to the potty, and cleaning out panties if she did have an accident). While we were at home, and she was in panties, she did great. I wasn't sure if she was going to continue to do well with the whole going potty thing, but she's done GREAT! We had her in a diaper during church, because we weren't sure how that would go, but the rest of the day, she did well on Sunday! So, I would pretty much say she's potty trained during the day! WAHOO!!! (She only goes on her potty chair, so we may either have to take her potty with us when we go places, or we might have some interesting experiences...) It's actually getting to the point now where it's almost like a game for her or something when she's bored... She'll tell us she needs to go potty and only go like a teaspoon or so. But hey! At least she definitely knows how to do it, and tells me! Now I just have to get the courage up to let her try to sleep through the night... that's the tough part, because I know there will probably be some accidents, but I think she'll get over it pretty quickly! I am SOO happy about it being so close for Kiely! She is growing up and getting to be such a smart little Bug! :)

1 comment:

DaNae Barnard said...

HAHA good one! That is exciting. I am online reading blogs, when I should be doing homework though so I guess I'd better get off. We'll have to call and talk sometime soon. Love you!