Monday, November 10, 2008

James & Crissa... How Our Story Began!

So, I decided I should probably tell a little bit about me and James for my first post.... Other than what I have in the little "about me" section. So, the peaches story came because my mom and I went to pick up peaches from James' mom, and that's when they suggested to me that I should go on a date with James. I shrugged it off, and said, yeah, sure, if he wants to ask me out, he can... Ruth (James' mom) mentioned me to him, and he somewhat did the same thing, shoving that to the back of his mind for a while... In October of last year, though, he decided to call me up, and we went on our first date to the Haunted Mill. :) (The whole getting my phone number is another fun story, but I don't want this to get too long, and possibly boring) The day of the first date was kind of interesting... funny... whatever you want to call it... because I actually got a migraine the morning I was supposed to go on the date with him. He called me during the day, when I still wasn't feeling so well, to make sure everything was on for that night. I said something like, umm... I'll let you know for if I'm not feeling well enough, but otherwise, plan on me going with you! That night, I didn't feel the very best, but I didn't feel too bad, and I really wanted to go on the date, because I didn't want to feel rude or anything. (That would be classic for some girl to say, "Oh, I'm not feeling so well... I guess I can't go with you...) Anyways, that was probably the BEST first date I'd ever been on. Not awkward at all. We could have talked and talked and talked! It's all gone up from there. We got engaged on July 4th.... early in the morning... and married August 23rd in the Idaho Falls Temple! We are now both going to school; James will graduate a year from this December in Mechanical Engineering, and I should be graduating a year from this coming April in, well, put simply, photography!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

It's nice to meet you Crissa. Welcome to blogging!