Yesterday during the morning session of conference, President Monson gave a wonderful talk on
gratitude. I loved it. Sometimes I get stuck looking to the future, and forget the blessings I have in the here and now. It's not that I don't feel blessed and grateful to our Heavenly Father for so many things that I have in my life, I just don't stop and ponder-- count my blessings-- often enough. This got me thinking about how it feels like the only time we really are thinking a lot about the blessings we have is around Thanksgiving time. SO... My goal for now is to recognize, and try to write down (maybe blog occasionally) about at least one thing that I am grateful to our Heavenly Father for each day. (My goal is to make it to general conference in April at least.)
"Regardless of our circumstances, each of us has much for which to be grateful, if we will but pause, and contemplate our blessings." -Pres. Monson
So, with that said, today I am grateful SO MUCH for the power of the Priesthood, and that I have a worthy husband who is able to use this power in our home, and is Patriarch over us. I am glad that I feel comfortable going to James asking for a blessing for me or Kiely when I feel like we need it. It's an amazing thing, and through our faith, it can help us in our lives in so many ways. I love the power of the Priesthood, and my sweet James.
1 comment:
Thanks for reminding me that I too need to be more grateful for the blessings I have. And I agree, President Monson's talk was amazing. Conference is amazing!
Post a Comment