Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sometimes I have to tell myself...

that it's okay to let Kiely help and get a little messy! Often when I'm cooking (or busy with just about anything) Kiely wants to help, or wants me to hold her or whatever.. She holds onto my legs and cries to get my attention (not that I didn't know beforehand, I just would have to ignore her sometimes so that I could get something done in a decent amount of time...) So the other day, I was making tortillas, and decided to sit her up on the counter, and let her help me stir... I'm pretty sure she loved it! I decided that it's not worth it to get upset over the dough that she got on her, or that she wanted to touch it... I just let her help! (Eventually I had to take the spoon away so that I could actually mix it, but I did take the time to let her "help.") Kiely loves to help with things, and I'm pretty sure she's thrilled when we ask her to help us with something. She likes to put the utensils in the dishwasher (and take them out, and put them in,and take them out, and put them in...) and helps me unload when it's clean, too! She is such a smart girl! :)
Concentrating on stirring!

"Hmmm... I kinda like this squishy, sticky stuff!"

Well, I don't look that great, but I thought it was cute how she's looking at the camera, and she looks proud of herself for helping mom stir!

Good thing I was helping her so she didn't have to pay attention to what she was doing!

She just NEEDED to stir by herself again! (Look at the concerned look on her face! haha)

I'm so glad that we have this sweet little angel! She is growing up TOO fast!!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a little cutie! And she is getting so big! They do grow too fast! I can't wait to get mine here! :) But I want him or her to stay little forever!

Lorry said...

You look good! I love your beautiful curly hair. . . Seriously! And you must be pretty buff holding her up with one arm! I have a hard time holding mine with two. You two are cute cooking "together". It sounds like you have a determined helper whether you like her to or not. Might as well take the "help" now since they don't like to help when they are older! Sounds fun!

The Knapp Fam said...

That is too stinkin' cute Crissa! I can already tell the "helping" thing is already going to be something I have a hard time with...and I don't even have kids yet. Hmmmm...when that time comes you may have to remind me about this "cooking" day with your little one : )

Crissa Rae said...

Haha! Thanks, guys! :)
Lindsay-I wished she'd stay little forever, too! Even if she just stayed the size that she is right now! (She can understand a lot, dependent on me, but still has some independence a little. I can't wait to hear what you're having... and you need to post pictures of your belly! (I think I only did twice-- once at the beginning and once at the end... I wasn't very good at the weekly or even monthly stuff...)
Lor-your big Mom Muscles will come! They get bigger, and you get stronger, cuz you have to haul them around! (Believe me... even when they start walking, you'll haul them... Kiely's been walking for 4 months and still wants to be held lots!) It was fun! I bet Katelyn is getting to be more interactive and fun now! :) I love it! We need to get together again someday and play games! :)
Danyel- It's tough, but I actually enjoy it... I'm glad I have a little helper, even though it sometimes means that things are going to take twice as long as they normally would! It's SO worth it! :) You'll love it when it comes!!